Wednesday, July 30, 2008

NO-YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!

I hate that phrase! I understand what you're going through...or yea-I know what you mean.

Do you?!?!? Do you really understand the emotional rollercoaster of infertility and never having a child of your own. How could you? You have a baby already!

I don't want a pity party and I don't want you to tell me that everything is going to be ok -if I just adopt. I don't want you to tell me that you know what I'm going through because you have a certain "condition" and you think you may have trouble down the road TTC. I don't want you to tell me that you can relate to how I'm feeling. The sense of loss the sense of worthlessness, the sense of being broken and not being able to be "fixed." You don't understand and you can't understand-so don't tell me you do.

Vent over....

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I could have written this exact same post.

Jamee said...

Amen sister! I completely whole-heartedly 100% agree! I hate that phrase "I understand!" It's right up there with "relax!"

Rachel said...

It's so hard, I think it's the natural thing for people to say, but my dad taught me A LONG time ago as a little girl, don't say "I understand" if you don't.

theworms said...

I completely agree with you. You don't understand, it's not ok, my husband's SA doesn't show sperm. If you have any questions please feel free to page me on TTTC. My DH had the same DX and I can tell about various tests ect.
You and DH will be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I have a whole list of things people have said to me to "make me feel better," but the only thing that really made me feel somewhat better was when a friend said, "I'm sorry, I don't know what to say."

It is just not as easy as people make it out to be, to get over it, to adopt, to go thru fertility treatments, etc.