Monday, August 11, 2008

Why should I expect any Different??

So over the last week and a half for the first time in a long time I realized I didn't know when AF was supposed to arrive. I was thinking about it over and over and I realized when I looked at my calendar that I thought it was due last Monday. But I guess in reality I had just lost track of the days. One would think that any TTC woman would know when AF is supposed to arrive. And I probably would if all that went on over the last few weeks hadn't actually gone on. I had quite paying attention to my calendar and my weeks when my life felt like it stopped about 3 weeks ago. I kinda freaked out a bit....thinking WHAT!! SHE'S LATE! And I didn't realize it! Of course I didn't rush out buying an HPT but I thought what if? What if my some miracle I was PG. It would truly be nothing short of a miracle. But who was I fooling. There was no way that could be possible.

And then reality set in and I realized that I was looking at the wrong month and I was a week off. She was due today and she she showed up on Saturday-2 days early...lucky me.

I guess I will always think as a TTC woman-even though I will never be pregnant. Such is life I guess.

1 comment:

Lanie said...

I just wanted to say hello and give you some virtual (((HUGS))). Your journey breaks my heart and I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all of this.

I am a fellow IFer. I am in the 2ww of an IVF cycle using donor eggs. It was a real grieving process to accept never having my own genetic child.

My DH also has awful morphology, and we had a low fertilization rate even using good, healthy eggs. We transferred two embryos to me (and are praying they stick), but NONE of our embryos made it to freeze, so this is our only chance.

I know I can't say "I understand" because our situations are different, but know that somewhere in cyber land, someone is sympathizing with similar emotions and sending you and your DH lots of love and support.