Thursday, August 21, 2008

Another Day...

Well I'm throwing a Baby Shower on Sunday for a good friend of mine who had a baby girl about 3 weeks ago. I'm excited about it..everyone hanging out will be a lot of fun-but I think its going to be a tough one to swallow. Watching her open all of these great baby gifts and seeing a beatiful baby girl in front of me all day will be tough-but I'm so happy for Megan. She's such a great mom.

I look forward to the day when there will be a baby shower for Mike and I and our little one that we will be bringing home. We are talking more and more about adoption lately. Mike is becoming much more open about the situation. Which is good for him. Hearing him talk about it means that he is starting to accept things a littl more now. We do have another appointmen with the urologist on the 11th of september...but we both know what the outcome will be-at least in our hearts we feel we know. So we are just preparing ourselves for that..and if some miracle happens before then...then it will be a nice surprise ;)

I've been praying so much lately for peace. Peace for so many things and strength for acceptance. I know that God has softened my heart and has allowed me to grieve and is still allowing me to grieve. And for that I'm thankful. I know now that without My God I would be nothing...and without faith I would be lost.

Thank you Lord for Prayers Answered.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I know what you mean. Moments and events like that are so bittersweet. You wouldn't miss them for the world, but they still kind of hurt. I am so glad to hear that Mike is doing better. Time and your support will help him get to a good place and be ready to start the adoption with an open and joyful heart.

I heard a funny quote once: I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. Know who said that...Mother Teresa! It makes me feel better to know that even she sometimes felt overwhelmed. Just hang in there and soon enough, you'll be the one holding a sweet little baby.

Erica