Monday, September 8, 2008

Sick puppy....


When we got Sig we knew he was a rescue-and that he came from an awful situation...brief history:
He was rescued from 4 teenagers who were in the process of stoning him to a point of unconsciousness, once he was unconscious they were going to hang him. When the woman who whitnessed this told them she wanted the dog-they said no-she insisted and asked what they wanted for it...they said Cigarettes...so she bought them a pack of cigarettes-and she took the dog. Hence his name--Sig. (Short for cigarette-we felt that since in his case cigarettes saved his life-they should be his name sake. :) ) THANK GOODNESS SHE FOUND HIM!! Cause we wouldn't have him now and we LOVE him dearly!


Regardless, when he was found-he was about 7-8 weeks old-and was very tiny..only about 7 pounds, very dehydrated, very weak, and needed food and a good bath. Who knows how long he had been out in the "wild" for. He had been abandoned-probably because he was the runt-at least we think. He was full of ticks and had a bad case of worms.

***Warning..weak stomachs do not read on***

Fast forward to now. Sig has turned into a happy and healthy puppy! He's fattened up (in a good way) and his a complete love! (that's what I call my pups-my little loves.) Well this weekend-I noticed something wasn't quite right with him...he was more tired than usual-and while he would eat-he wouldn't drink...and honestly-this dog would drink the well dry if I let him. Then Saturday he had a few vomitting episodes...that continued into the middle of the night when he started vomitting up worms. YES WORMS!! My poor puppy has a terrible case of worms. Luckily I was able to get him into the vet right away this morning to get him a dose of dewormer. Where one might ask did he get these worms-who knows!! We just had him at the vet 10 days ago to get neutered and the test she did then was negative-so somehow over the past 10 days he got them from somewhere. Hopefully the dewormer does the trick and I won't be cleaning up worms anymore. Ugh...to make matters worse I was sick all weekend-and with a weak stomach-seeing that did NOT help me at all!!

Here's to hoping that I have a worm free puppy in a few days!!


This is the picture of him a few weeks ago...how could anyone hurt this little guy!!!


And now-him and Daisy....Friends for Life!! :)












6 comments:

Jill said...

People are just out of their minds sick when it comes to things like this?!?! Are you serious, beating a dog and then hanging him?!?! What for? Your enjoyment? What did he do to you?

I'm sorry but that it just fucking sick. Just sick. That in itself made me sick. I do feel bad for him and his current sickness but geez that first part was just cruel. Those boys should be put in jail or at least taught a lesson... ugh. Sick!

Erin said...

I couldn't agree more...very sick!!!

We love him dearly-and we are sooo glad she found him-he's such a part HUGE part of our family!!

theworms said...

I'm so glad Sig found his way to such kind, loving parents. I hope his worms go away and never come back (it's a little ironic that theworms are wishing for worms to go away).

I just don't get people, why is it fun to torture an animal or anything for that matter.

Thank God he got out of there alive.

Anonymous said...

I'm a vet student and wanted to say thank you for rescuing Sig. He is absolutely gorgeous and I can't believe that people are so cruel. He's going to be a very handsome boy when he grows up! God bless!

Christy G said...

what a sweetie! That just breaks my heart about his rescue story. I can't believe people!

Good Luck with the worms! Hope Sig feels better soon!

Erica said...

Those kids were evil! I'm so glad the little guy has found his way into your home! I hope he gets to feeling better soon. Our pup has been sick for the last few days, so I can totally relate. I just keep telling myself God is preparing me for when I have a child each time I have to clean up the new vomit pile. hee hee

Sorry you have been having some rough days. Just give it time. People say dumb things because they don't know what to say. You just have to forgive them for being dumb; they don't mean to be hurtful or insensitive.

Erica