Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reason 1,243,569 Why I LOVE my Nieces

My nieces are the cutest little girls ever. I'm not biased at all!!! :) They are seriously so adorable! I don't get to see them nearly as often as I want to as they are about 350 miles away with the rest of my family.

My sister who is a hair stylist told me this story awhile back-and I just saw pictures today-so I had to "write" it down so I don't ever forget it.

My younger sister Katie (the stylist) was talking to one of my other sisters about Locks of Love and how she had someone come into the salon and cut of 12 inches for locks of love. My niece the 4 year old wanted to know what locks of love was. My sister explained to her that it was when people cut there hair to give it to other people and kids who don't have hair because they are sick. So my niece (who has been PETRIFIED to cut her hair because she thinks it will hurt) asks why people lose there hair when they are sick. So Katie tries to explain to a 4 year old without scaring the crap out of her that sometimes big people and little people get very sick and they need medicine and some medicine they get makes there hair fall out. This is her response:

"Well thats so sad...Auntie Kiki (what they call her) cut my hair. I want all little girls to have pretty hair. They can just have mine. Mine will grow back." My heart melted.

Then my 3 year old niece who does everything her 4 year old sister does-was inquisitive as well-so Katie explained to her as well how kids sick and sometimes their hair falls out... etc etc. My 3 year old niece says..."Ok-you can cut mine to-I don't mind. My hair will grow back."

HOW AMAZING IS THAT!!! I know grown adults who can't do that but 3 and 4 year old nieces will cut there hair to give it to complete strangers who are sick!!! Ugh...I'm tearing up all over again thinking about it!! So both of them did it!! I guess when they are kids Locks of Love doesn't need as much hair.....but my nieces hair grows so fast-so they each took about 10 inches off....and off it was sent-for a beautiful little girl to have. Because as my nieces said-"Mine will grow back."

3 comments:

True Companions Plus One? said...

Oh wow, that is awesome! Kids really are so innocent and pure - everything they do comes from the heart and honest. They aren't scarred yet the way adults are. It's amazing to see!

E said...

Your nieces are very sweet! Such big hearts for little girls:)

Erica said...

That is so awesome! Locks of Love is a great program. Your nieces sound like little angels.

Erica