Friday, January 2, 2009

A POSSIBLE MATCH!!!

A POSSIBLE MATCH!!!!

In my previous post I mentioned something about how a GREAT thing happened the last week of 2008. I hesitated to blog about it...but have decided to do it. It is none the less part of our journey to our baby...so I feel that it is only appropriate that I "write" it down to remember every step of the way. So yes....you read that correctly-we have a POSSIBLE match.

Any of you have been following my blog know that we have yet to send in all of our paperwork for the agency, but have rather been enjoying our time together and looking forward to the year ahead and all that it will hold. So you may be asking...HOW CAN THIS BE!?! Trust me-I've asked myself that question many many times.

This is what we know:

A friend of ours whom we will call "T" approached my husband about 2 weeks ago and said she had been thinking of us for a few days....a co-worker of her husband was in a bind. Her daughter who is 20 years old is pregnant and wants to give the baby up for adoption. She had moved across the country not long after highschool...and as "T" put it...made a few bad choices, and is now pregnant. Knowing that abortion was not an option, she swallowed her pride and called her mother for help. Her mother immediately told her to come home and welcomed her with open arms. "T" after talking about the situation for quite sometime told her that there are many many couples in the world who are waiting to adopt and that she would get the names of a few good agencies...since obviously we had researched several. Her daughter is hesitant to use an agency for several reasons, and the grandmother mentioned that. She said that her daughter would much rather not use an agency, but rather just a lawyer. Immediately "T" thought of us..but didn't want to say anything until she got the OK from us. So she talked to Mike at work the next day. OF COURSE WE SAID TELL HER ABOUT US!!! So the next day she saw BM and grandma....and told her about us. BM was VERY EXCITED. She said she was so glad to hear about us. And that she knows she can't keep this baby and she can't expect her mother to help....AND THAT SHE WANTS TO MEET US! My heart leaped out of my chest when I heard "T" say those words.

BM said first though she wants to finish her counseling that she has put herself in. While she knows that adoption is the path for her she needs to know that all of the emotions she is feeling right now are totally normal and she needs to get some of those thing off of her chest first. Which I'm really glad she is. Through a lot of the reading I"ve done....every book says that counseling is best for birthmothers. We wouldn't even go with an agency that didn't provide counseling to the birth moms....we think its very important.

So the birthmother said that she wants to meet with us...after a few more weeks of counseling. But she kept saying over and over how excited she was to meet us. When Mike called to tell me I was shaking. Crying, smiling, laughing...EVERYTHING. COULD THIS REALLY BE HAPPENING!!!! She's around 12-13 weeks along-and due mid July.

Of course in my mind I'm trying to let myself get attached...but if any of you have been through this you know its hard not to get excited and attached in some way. But again, we know that this might not work out and she may not choose us, or she may decide to parent herself...but at the moment-we have hope-and we have a POSSIBLE MATCH! The situation itself PERFECT!!! It would require no travel, she would like a semi-open adoption, with pictures and letters. (She plans on flying back to the state she moved to after the baby is born.) Again-a PERFECT situation...I just hope its not too perfect.

Since we've started the adoption process I've been praying for our birthmother. Praying for her to make the right decisions for her health and her babies health, and for strength, and for her to have acceptance for what God wants her to do. I know God is hearing my prayers...now the question is-is this the birthmom I've been praying for???

8 comments:

Bella said...

How exciting! Praying that this is a perfect match!

RB said...

That's very exciting! I will be praying for you.

Erica said...

That is wonderful news!!! I'm SO excited for you! You need to start getting your nursery ready! Oh, this is just incredible. Woo hoo!

Erica

theworms said...

WOW!! That is an exciting way to end 2008. Praying that this match works out and the adoption process goes smoothly. Wishing you the Happiest 2009! GL

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, so, so excited for you my friend!! What a wonderful way to start off the new year...I will be praying extra hard for all of you in the coming weeks!

bri said...

Wow this is so exciting. It is very hard to not get attached as soon as you hear about the whole situation. we are going through foster/adopt and when we got our first call as soon as I heard who was on the phone I was getting attached to the baby in question.

OH I cannot wait to read on.

Rebekah said...

How exciting! I'll be praying that if this is it!

Rachel said...

Erin how amazing.. and Praise God she's going through counseling!!!!!! I'll be on pins and needles fo ryou!!!