Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kind of a rut....

Why is it that things in life that really shouldn't bother you do....and the things that should bother you don't....I've been pondering that one a lot lately...here is why.

I find myself in a rut lately. Not a rut where I'm down and depressed-but more of a rut with the world around me. I find myself dwelling on things that really shouldn't bother me. Things that I can't control-and things that really shouldn't matter-but for whatever reason in my mind lately-they do matter.

For example-why do I care if someone doesn't like me. I'm not a perfect person-and I need to remember that not everyone is going to like me. But I think what is frustrating-is that in my heart I do try to be a very good person. I try to be a person who is loving, caring, and there for her friends anytime, anyday. A person who prays for her friends just because I want to....a person who loves life and tries to get those around her to be happy. So what is it about me that some people don't like? I don't know....and I can't control there feelings-so why is it that at times it bothers me and others it doesn't? It shouldn't-and I know that-but in reality it does-but I wish it didn't.

I know this is something I really really need to pray about-and I do. But it still seems so hard on me sometimes-and I really don't like feeling like this. I don't like feeling negative or seeming like a negative person so how do I tell myself that others opinions don't matter? It seems so much easier said then done! I really do try to be a good person, and in my heart I know that I'm a good person-perfect-absolutely not-but a good person yes.

So this is something I need to pray more about.....pray for knowledge on how to accept these things, pray for peace, pray for wisdom, and pray for acceptance of these difficulties....and even more than that-no matter how bad these people can make me feel-I need to pray for them. Because maybe they need prayer just as much as I do. God can do amazing things....if we just ask him for a little help along the way.

5 comments:

E said...

I'm not good with that either. I wish I didn't care about what other people think about me. I just have this innate need to want everyone to just love me! What's not to love?! lol However, I know that no matter how true you are to yourself, no matter how good of a person you are to others, there are going to be people who don't see it that way. And that's OK. It's tough to accept, but the people who can't see what your true friends and family see in you, don't really count. I'm sorry you're feeling down ((HUGS))

Erica said...

I have a friend that has a great saying, "Hurt people hurt people." It's the same for people who don't like themselves....it's not that they don't like you, it's that they are so unhappy with themselves and their lives that they can't like anyone that challenges or calls to attention how unhappy they are. Think about it. If you are feeling down inside, do you want to see someone who is happy with themselves? Nope; it's the last thing you want to see. Those people just need patience and a "kill them with your kindess" approach. It's not you...it's them. At least, that has been my experience every time. Any time I met someone that didn't like me, I just stayed my course and eventually, they came around and confessed that they were just lost and hurting and they came to me when they were ready to be friends. Just be yourself; that is the best example you can set for those around you. Love yourself and be true to yourself. For those people that can't seem to see that you are trying to be nice to them, just pray for them because they obviously need some grace.

That's my 2 cents :)

Erin said...

Thanks Ladies! You are both very right!!

Rachel said...

I'm the same way. Because I genuinely care about everone.. even people who are mean and nasty to me or my friends/family, I want them to like me back.

I'm sorry :(

What Erica said it 100% right.

Lulu said...

Hi, I found you from a link on another blog. I was reading your posts, and I felt the need to wish you well in your adoption journey. I am on the other side of that journey, since I am the birthmother of an amazing daughter who is almost 9 years old. Your birth mother is very wise for the counseling she is going through. Here's hoping all goes well for you. I'll be thinking of you and praying for your miracle to occur.