Monday, January 12, 2009

I've been Tagged!

So here we go....

The Rules: Go to your My documents or where ever you store your photo's. Go to the 6th folder and pick out the 6th picture. Tell us a story about that photo.


This is my Monster Man...or My Menace to Society....or Sigamonster....or little man....or my Little Love....my Naughty little puppy or Sig. Any of the above will work.....



His real Name-Sigmund....yes as is Sigmund Freud....and yes-he is a Mommy's boy-like NONE OTHER! :) This has to be one of the first days we got him. On Daisy's pillow....can you tell we have 2 black dogs??? He looks sweet and innocent...but let me tell you....HE'S NOT!!!

*************************************************************************************

I feel the need to tell a little bit about my Sigamonster. He's honestly a sweet little puppy. He really is.....MOST OF THE TIME....he may be sweet-but he's not so innocent. :) Sig came to us in July of 08. We already had Daisy-our 1 year old black lab. We were NOT in the market for another puppy. Daisy was trained, and we were getting ready to start her therapy dog training. (Which she has completed!!) We were totally content with just having her. AGAIN-WE WERE NOT IN THE MARKET FOR ANOTHER PUPPY!! However, Mike had heard about a yellow lab that had been dropped off at the local humane society-about 6 months old. Mike has always dreamed of having a yellow lab-named Duke. So Daisy was a comprimise-because I wanted a black german shepherd. So we got a Black Lab and named her Daisy Duke. :) We call her the ultimate marital comprimise.

Anyways...when we looked at the human society website-that cute little yellow lab was already adopted out..thankgoodness! I hate the thought of poor innocent little puppies or dogs in general living in a shelter. However, connected to the humane society webpage was our local animal rescue page. Mike and clicked on that page-just to take a look-thinking maybe that little pup was on there....nope no such luck. BUT staring at us off of our computer were those big dark eyes that you see in the above picture. They looked so sweet. Then we read his story-and I got teary eyed. Sig was found on reservation within the state that I live in. A woman was driving through and stopped at a gas station to see 6 teenagers stoning this little puppy. She could hear him whelping with each stone and stick that was thrown at him. She went over-picked up the pup and told them she was taking this puppy. She couldn't bare to watch him die like that. He was shaking-and crying-after all he was only around 6 weeks old! They argued...and she said she would pay them for the dog-they didn't want the money-what did they want instead-Cigarettes...so she bought a few packs of cigarettes and she took the dog-so we affectionately call him Sig...short for Cigarette. :) Only seemed fitting.

We originally were only going to foster him-but after a few short days-we knew that we couldn't give him away to another family. He was SO ATTACHED to Daisy-and Daisy was to him. So we kept him. And he's been with us ever since. :)

But a little info on Sig..he's a quick little thing. He can destroy a box of kleenex in a matter of seconds. A roll of toilet paper-NO PROBLEM-Destroyed to shreds in a minute or less. Socks HIS FAVORITE THING! He has a habit of digging into the laundry basket and finding every sock he can-and bring them to his kennel or pillow. Not to chew on them...only to keep them close to him. Shoes...HE LOVES SHOES. I've lost a few pair to his puppy teeth. If you have seen the movie Marley and Me or read the book-Sig is Marley in a different color. They are one in the same. Couch cusions, pillows, blankets, chewed through them all. But yet-I love that little thing so much. How....somedays I wonder-but regardless....I love him. I can't imagine my life without him :)

I Tag:

Kristi & Erica

2 comments:

Erica said...

Sweet little Siggie! That's a cute pic.

Alright, I'm posting my pic now

WantWait&Pray said...

Hi Erin...I got your comment on my blog about possibly living in the same state/city. I think you're right!!! I'm in SLP- you?