Monday, October 20, 2008

What a Week...and Weekend...

Well last week wasn't a good week....thats an understatment I guess. I think for us-this had to be the toughest week since we found out about our IF.

We found out that Mike's insurance won't pay for his surgery. Why? Well-there is a clause in the insurance that says they won't cover any type of sterilzation reversals. Even though the original sterilization wasn't an elected procedure-they still won't cover it. So-yes we are appealing it-but the appeal could take up to 2 weeks....so we basically sit, wait, and hope. The woman at the insurance company didn't sound hopeful...only because she says that they can be strict when it comes to infertility coverage...but there is always a chance...so we are hoping that we here good news.

On a much BRIGHTER AND HAPPIER note...WE FOUND OUR AGENCY!!! :) We are really excited about it. We met with them on Saturday afternoon...and they are such nice people. The social worker of the agency met with us-and since her husband was in town with her, she asked if it was ok for him to come along to the meeting. I said of course! So the 2 of them met with us, and for me-it felt like we were talking to 2 friends of ours. It was such a relaxing conversation. They are a very young couple, she is the social worker for the agency, and they adopted a little girl about a year ago.

Of course the conversation was a bit overwhelming when she started talking about EVERYTHING that was involved, but for me-I feel so much better about having that HUGE thing out of the way! It's stressful to think about-esp. in the financial aspect of things...cause we are really trying hard to save money...but everyone knows that adoption is expensive. So now is the time to start researching grants....gotta find the money somewhere. :)

So yes...while last week was upsetting and depressing-the weekend was good. It's hard to really wrap my mind around the fact that all of that hope we had been given is gone. I mean, we knew that it was going to be a small chance of conceiving after the surgery, but we did have that hope. But now its gone. I feel much worse for Mike then I do for me. He was hanging on to that hope with every thread that he could find....and now it seems like its gone. But, I have to remember, that God has his plans for us. And I have to trust him that he knows what is best for us. And he knows there is a baby out there for us...somewhere-and that when we have that baby in our arms, we can look back and say-this was all worth it.

5 comments:

Jamee said...

I am so glad that you found your agency! Believe me I know how much of a relief it is to know who will be taking care of your adoption process! We are researching grants as well and affordingadoption.com was a great place to start! I hope everything with the insurance company works out smoothly & quickly as well!

Bella said...

Insurance companies can really be awful. I sure hope they recognize the uniqueness of your situation and treat you with more respect.

Congrats on finding your agecy! How exciting!

Erica said...

I'm really sorry about the situation with the insurance company. I hope you two get good news.

I so glad that things when well with the agency though! That is so exciting and such a major hurdle to have out of the way. I know that God will make a way for the money to work out.

theworms said...

I hate that your insurance company is doign this to you, I hope they come around.

You found your agency, that is great news, one step closer to your baby. You will be in my prayers.

BTW, I gave you a little something on my blog :)

E said...

That really stinks about the insurance! I'm sorry about that. But the really good news is that you found your agency...that was a very difficult decision for us! That's a huge step!