Thursday, October 23, 2008

Leaving Town...

For a long weekend. We are really excited...but I'm nervous to. We haven't seen any of our families (they live about 350 miles away) since our dx with IF. That may seem crazy since we are so close with our families...esp me with mine...but it just hasn't fit into our schedules...and when my mom asked if we wanted her to come up once we found out-I told her no...there wasn't much she could do...and we knew it was important for Mike and I to have time together.

We don't want our IF to be the center of conversation-but we know they will only ask questions because they care. We are trying to not think about it much over the weekend....but we know it will obviously come up a lot. But regardless-I'm excited to get home and see my parents, siblings and nieces. Sometimes-your mom and dad know just what to say-and sometimes just getting a hug from them makes things a bit better. And I know seeing my nieces will be therapeutic in a way. Something about how sincere little kids can be-just melts my heart. We will get good quality bonding time with them tomorrow. We are really excited about it.

So we're off for a long road trip with 2 dogs in the back seat...and a great weekend with the family. YAY FOR VACATIONS. (Even if they are small ones.) :)

6 comments:

JJ said...

Have a great vacation--travel safe!

True Companions Plus One? said...

I love trips like that - especially to see family. Enjoy!

Rachel said...

HAVE FUN!

E said...

Have a great time and enjoy your family!

Erica said...

Hope you two are having a great time and can't wait to hear about it.

Kristi said...

Hi Erin, just wanted to say thank you so much for your comment. It really made me feel so much better. It's so hard not to feel so alone going through IF, and I'm so thankful that I've met such beautiful, strong ladies in blog land who help me realize this. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend!!

P.S....there's something on my blog for you!!

{{{HUGS}}}