Tuesday, October 14, 2008

OH MY GOODNESS!! :)

We are meeting with an agency on Saturday!! I'm so excited....and yet absolutely terrified!! :) I filled out a contact form on their website...and they called and emailed me yesterday asking if it would be possible to meet us on Saturday since one of their directors was going to be in our area. I was shocked! :) At first I didn' t know what to say....cause here we just wanted a packet of information....but after talking to Mike about it we decided we would meet her and talk with her. She said in her email that it may be easier to explain everything in a face to face meeting vs. us reading a bunch of paperwork, and emailing and calling back and forth. Since she is going to be in our area she said she would love to see us.

OH MY GOSH!!! This is so crazy!:) We are so excited.....and yet I'm really nervous! I mean-what if she doesn't like us? We really like everything we know about this agency so far....and a friend of mine adopted through this agency in May-and she had nothing but a good experience.
So here we go.... It's all happening! WOW!!

10 comments:

Jill said...

That's great news! I'm so happy for you both!

E said...

YAYY!! I'm so happy for you that you're starting the process. I think it will really help you with the pain and frustration you've been feeling lately. You're going to be working towards building your family and that's a great feeling!

RB said...

That's exciting news! It all starts with that first step :)

SassyCupcakes said...

How exciting! I hope it goes really well for you.

Kristi said...

YAY!!! You guys must be ecstatic!!! I am so beyond happy for you both that you're finally starting the process!!

Jamee said...

How exciting!! I hope it goes well for you guys! Relax & have a great time!

Karalee said...

I'm here after reading a post of yours on the nest:) What an exciting step for you guys! I work in adoption, so if you have any questions after meeting with them, I'd be happy to help! :) I'm also an adoptive mom (http://theygrowinyourheart.wordpress.com), so I love hearing other adoption stories:) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Marcie said...

Good luck to you!

Rachel said...

wow how exciting!!!

Erica said...

How exciting! I hope the meeting went great and that they were fabulous and that you just got a great, peaceful feeling after the meeting. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Erica