Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Work...Surgeries....and oh yea...Work

Work has kept me SOOO busy lately! I'm in Denver now-until Thursday.....luckily-the weather has been GORGEOUS-at almost 80 degrees and Sunny. I was told not to get used to it or expect it next year when I come back-because this is very out of the norm. So far-Denver is good...I've never been here before-I'm hoping on Thursday I'll be able to go do some sightseeing. I haven't done much of that yet-so I'm excited to finish all of my work stuff tomorrow night-and spend all day Thursday-just seeing what this city is all about.

Friday early morning....is Mike's surgery. Ugh....it seems like it's taken FOREVER to get to this point. But Friday we will have answers. Our insurance company never agreed to pay for the full surgery. So we are just doing the first part of it. The biopsy and the "vasogram." Basically that means-checking the tubes to see where the blockage is-and if it is worth fixing. (basically is the risk of doing the surgery-greater than the benefit-since we know that even if it is fixed, our chances are around 25% or less of ever conceiving.) So-at least on Friday we will know. And we will know if we will want to go ahead with the BIG surgery in a few years-after we could save up.

I feel so out of the loop these days-like my life is just SO BUSY that I don't even have time to breathe. But I do have to say-that I really enjoy my job....it's just that sometimes....I'm soooo busy and that can take a toll on me. But like I said-I really love my job....so it is worth it. And these busy times are only a few times a year...so it's really not so bad. :)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Erin, you're back!!! I was worried about you...I even emailed you to check in. Glad to see it's just work that has been keeping you so busy! I'm praying that Mike's surgery goes smoothly, and that you guys get the answers you so greatly deserve! Never forget that God has a plan for you...

(((HUGS)))

Erica said...

Yay! I'm glad you are back and that things are ok. Denver is very beautiful and you are so lucky to have such nice weather this time of year. I used to live in the area....I miss it terribly. I'm catching up on your entries...