Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dr. Appt's

Any woman knows that the that one appt. per year that she should "really" go to...is about the farthest thing from fun that one can imagine. I felt like a freak parade...nurses, dr.'s medstudents....akward-to say the least....oh well..I guess I'm ok with being a learning experience to what will hopefully someday be a great dr. (And she really was nice-I will say that.)

But I degress.....I visited with Dr. Z at length about my pain....we talked about many different options, and after my exam he told me that he's no longer 100% convinced that I have endo. Excuse me?!!? Then what is going on? Am I just one of the lucky ones who has extremely painful periods and ovulation pains and cramping etc??? Not exactly...he's thinking PCOS...for the non medical minded....Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.....GREAT(insert sarcasm here)!! So I went in for lab work...and I swear I got lightheaded after they took the 8 viles of blood. Whew...that was A LOT of blood. But at least the tech was good-got it after the first poke...no bruising-barely felt a thing. So now I wait for all of those lab tests to come back.

When he was talking to me about PCOS.....everything he was describing was me a T. Every charachteristic, every symptom, everything! Scary business!! I'm not sure if I would be relieved or pissed if I find out I do have it. I mean-it would give me A LOT of answers....but it would also make me crabby that I will be taking medication for the rest of my life.

I'm getting pretty good at this waiting game. He's hoping that they results should be back within a week. So I wait...

3 comments:

Erica said...

My mom was poly-cystic and so is one of my best friends. I hope they are able to get you diagnosed soon so they can get you pain free. I know you are ready to at least have that resolved.

theworms said...

We are always waiting for something. I hope you get the results quickly. GL

btw - I gave you an award on my blog.

E said...

Ugh...well, the diagnosis would definitely be a big answer to a lot of your questions. I hope you get the results quickly. Good luck.