Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And it Officially Begins!!!

Our Official Adoption start date.....February 24th, 2009. Well at least thats what I would say-is official. I started filling out our application last night-Ugh! It's LONG!!! I mean I knew it was long-but I had no idea simple questions could bring on such long complicated answers!!

We made the decision to adopt back in July, when we got the original dx of Mike's Azoospermia. We knew Mike would have surgery eventually-we just didn't know when. When November came and went-and we got the official dx...we decided we would move on with adoption in the spring. So...Spring is a few months away-but we decided to get the ball rolling-and see how far it goes!

We are still in "touch" with our potential birthmom. But we are much more gaurded about the situation then we used to be. We are getting many conflicting reports...so just kind of take things as they come. If it works out-GREAT...but if not-we are prepared for that as well. I just hope whatever her decision is-she makes it for herself and the baby-not for the rest of her family.

I'm hoping to finish the initial application in the next few days....and send it in with our application fee. I had started one a few weeks ago-and then after we got word on the potential birthmom and the many contacts I had with my agency-they were in the process of updating there application-so to save time in the long run-I waited until we got the new packet in the mail.

So...it begins....and the stress levels rise! Ugh! It's a crazy whirlwind of emotions! But every day brings us one step closer!!!

10 comments:

April Dietz said...

Yay, congrats on beginning!
We sent in our initial application last month and were just accepted on Monday! Now onto homestudy etc. :-)
It is very neat to meet someone else who is in the beginning process like us!
Good luck and God bless!

Bella said...

Yay! Good luck!

Rebekah said...

How exciting! Good luck!

bri said...

Wow... so exciting to think this will someday be told to your children as the beginning of their coming home to you!

I was just at our foster/adopt office last night for annual trainings and it brought back that "beginning"feeling all over again! It seems so LONG but in God's timing it is all so PERFECT!

Best of luck to you and your children to come! I will be praying as God leads for ALL involved!

Erica said...

Yea!! That is so exciting. You will love the feeling of actually making forward progress instead of being stuck in limbo all the time- I know we do. It's great to feel like you are DOING something you know is going to work out. So excited!

Momma said...

YEAH! Congrats and Good Luck.
Before IF I never even thought of adoption but after holding my daughter for the first time I realized this was God's plan for me. He had chosen the perfect child for me. Everything hubby and I went thru on our IF journey made that very moment even more special. I could not imagine living life without my precious daughter. Giving all glory to God who placed this child in my arms. I love my little chica!!!

Angie

Rachel said...

it's so crazy and exciting!!! I remember I got the paperwork and filled it ALL OUT IN ONE DAY!!! lol I'm crazy.

Angie said...

How exciting!

I remember all that paperwork too; just when you think you are nearing the end they will send you some more stuff to complete - LOL.
But somehow you make it through it, and it will all be worth it.

Blessings to you!!!

E said...

Best of luck as you officially start the journey!!!

Kristi said...

I've been such a bad blogger, but I just wanted to stop in and say how very, very happy I am for you guys! You are on your way and I'll be praying for you every step of it!

(((HUGS)))