Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm still here! :)

Just in case anyone missed me! :)

I've been oh so busy these days. But thats a good thing....I think. We were in Wisconsin for a wedding this weekend and had a great time! It was SO NICE to get away and go on a little mini vacation. It was much needed and appreciated!

On the adoption front...our paperwork is almost finished-and will hopefully have it all mailed off in the next few days. Once that is taken care of then we will just wait for our approval and then get our homestudy scheduled.

On another note...WE ARE MOVING!!! YAY!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! We like our house...but we outgrew many many months ago. With Mike and I and our 2 lovely furbabies we need more space. We found a very cute 3 bedroom 2 bath house, double stall garage, finished basement, and within walking distance of a park. Its adoreable. It's not our dream house-but for the time being it will work great. We had looked into buying-and after we went back and forth with our bank between our adoption loan as well as a mortgage and with the economy the way it is-we opted to rent for another year or 2 and save up some more money to give us a much better down payment. While of course we would much rather own then rent-for us right now its the best decision. And we're ok with it....we are just SO EXCITED to have more room. It is going to be about 3x as much room as we have now! Its going to give us plenty of room to grow and have a baby-and it will give the baby the space he or she needs. It's going to be great!!

On the work front...this is the busiest time of year for me at work. My biggest project of the year is a huge benefit auction. It takes place the middle of April and I've been in full swing planning mode since last years event...but of course it takes full speed the 5-6 weeks prior. So many many things going on-and many things keeping me busy....that's definitely a good thing!!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Good to hear from you! Sounds like everything is moving along smoothly. Saw your post on The Nest the other day (so exciting). Have fun decorating the new house. :) That's always the best part.

Barbara said...

Hi Erin!
It was very nice to see you again - I''m very excited about your adoption and will anxiously await to hear more!

Thanks for stopping by my blog - its always nice to know who is checking it out!

Oh and congrats on the house. Contrary to my last post I have enjoyed moving - it is always a fresh start so enjoy!

bri said...

Hello, Welcome back.

Hope all goes well with completing the paperwork. I loved moving to a new place. The only hard part was having to get ANOTHER homestudy done after we moved and the inspections all over again! Our first house passed but our new home... well let's just say that the VOLUNTEER fire marshal was anal retentive!!! We got our call about 3 weeks after we moved in though!

All I can say is unpack FAST! And if you want to garden...well...do that fast too! hahaha there will be no time once your baby arrives!

Rachel said...

ooh I want to see pics! And which park? I want to imagine where you'll be living :)

E said...

Good to see you back...sounds like you have a lot of exciting things going on! The house sounds great...best of luck with the move!