Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

OK....so first off....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Christmas is truly my most favorite time of year. I love it! However, I will say that this year it has seemed as though Christmas has come and gone and it doesn't seem like I really knew it was here. But it is...and I do really enjoy the Holiday Season. This year however, there has been a damper on the typical Holiday feelings....We are going to a funeral tomorrow for Mike's aunt. She passed away on Monday-and the funeral is tomorrow. With his dad passing away 6 years ago at the same age....it's been a rough week for him. But-he's done his best to put on a happy face for me-although I know he's very very sad on the inside. He was very excited to give me my present this morning.....and after I opened it-I was very glad to have received it. My beautiful diamond necklace-totally made me cry like a baby. It is SO BEAUTIFUL! So while I remember that this holiday season is not about the presents-but more about the love.....I remember over and over again-how much I truly love my husband. He is the most amazing man I know.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I know...it feels like it came and went. I bet your necklace is beautiful. I love getting jewelry and books. Those are my favorites. :)

Sorry about your husband's loss. I know it's hard.

Erica