Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Greetings from the Arctic....and other ramblings...

At least thats where it feels like I am...BRRRRR!!!! We got the worst storm in 10 years over the weekend. Complete with 9 inches of snow-40 mile an hour winds and temperatures creeping to -50 with the windchill...BRR!!!! IT IS FREEZING!!! But with that I will say this....

This weekend gave me a perfect opportunity to do some cleaning, baking, wrapping of Christmas presents and spending some time with my husband. It was a good weekend-minus the weather-but everyone loves a good snow storm once in awhile. :)

There really aren't to many exciting things going on in the life of Erin right now. And for a change-I'm TOTALLY OK WITH THAT. I think thats what this "Break" is really about for Mike and I. MANY MANY MANY people have asked us why we don't just "jump right in" to adoption. Yea-if it were really that easy! I'll just start right up....no worries right.??? There isn't any emotional baggage that comes along with it. There isn't the fear of the failed matches that we will more than likely experience, there isn't the fear of how we are going to pay for all of this, I don't have the thoughts of...what if we're lucky and blessed and placed right away-and don't hae anything ready for the baby...and then with the same breath I say to myself what if we are waiting for a year or longer for our little one. YES-with all of those things running through my head-I will just jump right into adoption.

Here is the thing...adoption isn't an easy journey. Now to many people-they would think well duh. Of course its not easy. But to others..they will give you this dumbfounded look like-what? You mean it's not like filling out a few pieces of paper like when you adopt a puppy from the humane society? Seriously! I wish I could scream at the top of my lungs that adoption is a LONG HARD JOURNEY. One that will not come easy to us. But we are willing to walk into this journey hand in hand and God by our sides and no that our baby will be waiting for us at the end of it. So many people say-you can't have a kid-so what..just adopt. Well if it were that easy-why don't you "just adopt." Cause really...everyone would do it if it were that easy. Truth be told adoption is just as much of a rollercoaster as IF is. There will be the ups the down, the "endless 2WW" and the joyous day of find out you have been matched. But until then...please don't tell me to "just adopt."

So yes-this break period before has been really good for us. It's the calm before the storm so to speak. Beacause we know once this all starts....its going to be one heck of a ride! One that will be long, sometimes painful, sometimes frustrating, angering, saddening, and scary. But we know this-and we know that in God's time our little baby will be handed to us in a little pink or blue blanket...and we will love that baby because that baby is ours.

4 comments:

Bella said...

Glad you are getting a little you-and-DH time. Yes, your journey will be worth it! I can't wait to see your baby!

Erica said...

I am so happy that you and hubby are getting to enjoy the holidays and focus on each other for a bit. I think it is a great plan to get yourself (and your heads) in a good, peaceful, solid place before you start the adoption journey. I think it's so much harder than most people acknowledge, and if you are well rested (emotionally) for the journey, you won't make it. And with such a prize at the end of the journey, this is definitely something you want to be at your best for. :) Merry Christmas you two!

Rachel said...

totally agree

theworms said...

It will be worth it.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a very blessed new year.