Monday, June 23, 2008

2 years ago...

I was at my parents house getting ready for my rehearsal dinner. I remember thinking to myself-holy wow-We are really getting married tomorrow. It was such a crazy thought-but I was so excited about it. We got to the church and waited for our wedding party to get there....all 22 attendants were right on time-with the exception of the best man-but hey-he's never on time for anything. He ended up missing the entire rehearsal-but showed up in enough time to eat-go figure. Mike's mom and step dad-missed rehearsal as well-and showed up in enough time to eat...go figure. I remember thinking to myself....oh well-we are still getting married tomorrow-with our without them....

We lined everyone up-we did our practice run through and then it was off to supper. We had a great time at the rehearsal dinner. And Mike and I had a few moments together before we said goodnight....and I'll see you tomorrow. I remember thinking-I was going to miss him so much that night. And then I thought-I'm going to be spending the rest of my life with this man...how lucky am I!!???!?!?!? I was so excited for the next day-but it seemed so far away to me. I think I even cried when I said goodbye to him....I was such an emotioinal basketcase. But I went home-finished getting a few things ready for the next day. And went to bed. I think I actually even slept pretty well......

No comments: