Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hmm...it's been awhile

Whew....a brief break in my life to blog. It seems like forever.

Not much is new here really-at least I don't feel like it is. Work is keeping me extremely busy-but in a few weeks that will all be over and my normal life can resume. The flooding is getting better, but we are still not out of the woods yet. I will spend most of the afternoon sandbagging and some of next week as well. Just say some prayers, that this water subsides!! It's going to be a scary few weeks.

In other news....we've MOVED!! YAY!!! We are all moved and settled and LOVING our new place. It's cozy, but much bigger than where we were at, with much more room! So much storage and the perfect room for a nursery. :) We are very excited to get going on that. We have the bassinet set up in there-and it made me kind of choked up when I looked at it full of baby clothes. Sigh....that will be our baby's room someday. SO EXCITING!!

On the adoption front, not much new. We are waiting on our application approval-then we will start the homestudy. We are now contemplating foster/adopt as well. But I think that will require a lot more thinking and praying....but we will see where God takes us. After all, it is HIS Plan that we have to follow. :)

4 comments:

Roselawn said...

I have a daughter that we adopted 7years ago. We've also had foster children. If you have any questions about the process, emotions, etc. feel free to e-mail me. I'm also a Christian, too... I can tell by your post that you are Christ-centered, and that makes a difference when you are getting advice from people. My blog is roselawnbnb.blogspot.com

E said...

Glad to hear that you're all moved in and settled! And have fun getting the nursery ready. It goes pretty fast (in hindsight) once you get the homestudy process started...good luck!

Mrs H said...

Glad to hear you got moved and are safe. We spent a good portion of last June sandbagging so you have my sympathies in that regard.

Erica said...

Hey Erin! Good to hear from you! Glad that you got moved alright. Hoepfully, you won't have to be sandbagging for too much longer. I can't imagine what that must be like. Don't forget to show us pics of your nursery. ;)