Friday, April 24, 2009

Whew.....it's been awhile!!


WOW! I feel like its been FOREVER since I posted last. Well-it has been a long time-but it feels like FOREVER. Work should calm down a lot now. My major event for the year is done, and it went great!!! We raised a lot of money, broke a few records, and had a lot of fun! It was a great night!!!


The flooding here is insane. I've never seen anything like this in my life. The national gaurd has set up camp here in town and they are everywhere. They are patrolling the dikes, 24/7 and laying sandbags constantly. It's just so crazy to me. We've plugged our sewer drains in the basement hoping and praying we don't ever have to plug the toilet-but we bought that plug to-just in case. We're waiting to do the bathroom in the basement until we have to. Until then...we'll just hope and pray we don't need to.

Here are a few pictures....this is a local park...about 1.5 blocks away....




These pictures don't really do it justice, but let's just say this is very scary stuff. There is SO MUCH WATER HERE!!!! Say alot of prayers for everyone in this area!! It's only going to get worse before it gets better!!


No comments: