Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Have To Remember....

That God is in control here. Not me-but God. And let me tell you-right now, that is the hardest thing for me to do.

The application part-piece of cake, now we are heading to the finances part of this-I'm impatiently waiting for a phone call letting us know about the financial aspect of all of this. I've been telling myself, God is in control-God is in control, and I've been praying so hard for peace about this. Praying that he will calm my heart and help me to relax. Its so hard though. I have no control over this part of it right now and anyone who knows me-knows that I like being in control. I'm not a control freak-but this is a HUGE part of our life right now. HUGE. I know that Adoption is something that I really don't have a lot of control over-esp. the timing of it all. Anything could happen after our homestudy is completed. ANYTHING AT ANYTIME!!! But its hard for me to remember that God's timing is the most important. It will all happen when its supposed to happen.

The financial aspect of it is more stressful than most things I think-only because EVERYTHING hinges on this. We've already talked about different fundraisers we can do. And I'm looking into every grant imaginable. It's all just so overwhelming sometimes to think about.

But again...God is in control here...not me. I'm not in control of what is going to happen-but God is. God is in control of every step of this. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

No comments: