Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Homestudy #1

Well considering it was a week ago-I figured I should update! I'm such a slacker!

Our homestudy went awesome! SO GREAT!! I love our social worker....she's so amazing! So sweet and caring, compassionate-and truly someone that wants us to be parents-not someone who is going to try and prevent us from being parents. She really is awesome. We talked a lot about our family histories. How we were each raised, what our relationships are with our families-things like that. It was about 2 hours long-but in reality-it really didn't feel that long-like I said it went really really well.

Our next one will be either next week or the week after!

We're on our way!

6 comments:

Allie said...

Oh, I thought I heard a sigh of relief. Isn't it nice to know what to expect for visit two? And the second one will go even better and faster.

On a related note, isn't it great to know the ball is truly rolling?

Allie

Mrs H said...

I'm so very happy for you! I'm glad you like her and that it went well!

bri said...

It helps so much when you like your CW. They can be truly amazing, caring people a lot of times. I am praying for this time to be sweet together in the waiting process and that you will find much peace and REST in the time before your new addition arrives!

theworms said...

That is great news!! So glad it went so well.

Erica said...

I'm so glad it went well! I can't count the number of times that people gently reminded me that the case workers were on our side and that they WANTED to approve us, but somehow that never stuck until we finally met her. Looking forward to hearing about how your big shoot goes on Saturday!!

Erica

Sarah said...

I've nominated you for an award!
http://bunchesofburches.blogspot.com/2009/06/more-awards.html