Thursday, May 14, 2009

Did You Miss Me....

Cause I've missed myself...I feel like I'm nothing short of a chicken running around with her head cut off. But....now....I can relax.....at least a little.

Ok-an update on the last few weeks.....

First our Homestudy.

We had talked with our social worker-whom I love by the way-seriously one of the sweetest girls ever. We had it all set up for tomorrow evening at 6PM. That way neither Mike or I had to take time off of work. (although I did anyways-cause I figured I wouldn't be able to concentrate at work.) Well today she calls me...and she has to reschedule...DOH! For a completely understandable reason-a birthmom came forward-and she is due in a week. While I don't know details-I know that some parents are going to get the amazing news this weekend that they are going to be parents. So I have to be totally honest-I'm not in the least bit upset, but rather THRILLED for those new parents to be. I'll be saying a specail prayer for them tonight and thanking God for the fact that there dream is coming true. So we rescheduled for next Tuesday. No Biggie.

Moving on to other things....I'm hoping to paint the nursery this weekend, or at least get it started. We are acquiring a few things here and there-so I decided that it was time to get going. We are picking up our crib next week....which is coming from Mike's grandma....kind of. When his grandma died a few years ago-he was told that she had left him some money. We had no idea how much or anything-and in reality-we really didn't care....it's always hard inheriting money-cause money isn't going to bring the person back-at least thats how I feel. Anyways, the other day I was in the bank and I was told that my husband has a separate savings account there. Hmmm...weird-this is a new bank for us-we've never banked there-how can he have an account there. Turns out-thats where the money from his grandma was left. So...while it wasn't "much" according to some...it is enough to buy us a VERY NICE beautiful crib-and we are SO GREATFUL.

So hopefully I'll get a few pictures posted this weekend of before and after...and then once we get our crib set up I'll take a few more!

2 comments:

bri said...

That is so precious.. I am glad that your heart is happy for the other couple. There are not a lot of people out there like you anymore. They are blessed and soon you will be too!!! I am so excited for you!

That is exciting about the crib. I feel bad when people leave money too but that is their way of wanting to bless others I guess, and in this sense you will have something you can use and will always remind you of her

... Can't wait to see the adorable crib!

Mrs H said...

How exciting! You'll be abel to remember grandma everytime you go in the baby's room! I've been looking at cribs they are so very expensive.

Sorry your homestudy got postponed but it really is for the very best of reasons...things like that always give me hope!