Monday, August 17, 2009

Life would be SO MUCH EASIER...IF

I remembered that I'm NOT in control-but GOD is!!! Seriously! Why don't I remember that-instead I just stress over things and worry about things that I have NO CONTROL OVER!!!

If there has been one thing I have realized more than ever before it is how incredibly blessed Mike and I are. I mean so INCREDIBLY BLESSED!!! We have the most amazing family and friends and we are continuously amazed at God's great works.

So let me start this part of the post with an update on Baby and our BM. BM is 27 weeks along...wow!!! SEEMS SO CRAZY! She has a dr. appt next week after that she will schedule her sonogram-and from there we will find out if Baby R is a boy or girl!! SO EXCITING!!! :)

Baby R is about the size of a head of cauliflower.

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Now on to the miraculous works of GOD...who I owe so much to!!! When we got the call about Baby R we knew all about the costs that we were going to incur. We were fine with it and we had budgeted for that amount. I think over the weekend though it just hit me at how much money this adoption is really costing. BUT SO WORTH IT!! WE KNOW THAT!!!

We've been praying so much that we would come up with enough "Extra" money to pay for our travel expenses. (Being that the match happened so quick, we didn't have a lot of time to prepare and save anything additional). Yesterday while I'm at home and editing pictures my phone rings. A bride was calling to ask if I would shoot her wedding!!! While I have a lot of jobs booked between now and end of October, we were still going to come up short on travel. However, this one wedding will COVER OUR TRAVEL EXPENSES!!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!

Than....it gets better :) We have been applying for grants. Any grant that we think we could qualify for-we apply for. On Thursday I turned in our first application. I heard from them right away-thanking them for my application. (in reality-We should be (And DID) be thanking them for even giving us the opportunity to even apply for a grant!) She said we fit the criteria and that she will be in touch with us after she gets back from a trip to discuss the grant further! WONDERFUL!! VERY PROMISING!!! Than this morning I get another call from a grant agency that we have applied for. She called me for a brief phone interview. She set up a face to face interview and said that we fit all qualifications perfectly and that they are excited to help us anyway they can!!! WONDERFULLY AMAZING!! AGAIN-GOD IS SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!

Now-on to my amazing family! Ok-so my family is SO EXCITED about this adoption! I mean seriously-SO EXCITED!!! I will say though-they don't know how much it is costing us. We have never come right out and said-mainly because its private information. They just know it's A LOT. And on top of the costs the travel is going to be a lot. So while talking with one of my sisters she offers us something wonderful. Here's the deal: They live about 5 hours from where Baby will be born. We have decided to fly to her-then her and her hubby are going to give us their car for 2 weeks along with their car seat and any other baby gear we need (since my neice has outgrown it)!!! THIS SAVES US ABOUT $1000!!! The car rental alone for 2 weeks was going to be between $600 and $800 plus gas! Plus my wonderful Brother in law-has offered to pay for gas from where they live to Baby R! SERIOUSLY! I HAVE THE MOST AMAZING FAMILY!!! Again-SO SO BLESSED!!!!

So again...if I would just remember that I'm not in control-but God is...I would be so much less stressed. And honestly-I have to say that since last Friday-my stress has decreased SO MUCH. I have offered it all up to God knowing that He will provide and that all will be well. God is truly good...amazing...and wonderful. He has truly blessed us and we are eternally greatful for his wonderous deeds!!!

3 comments:

Nutty Mom said...

Wow, all those things are just amazing! I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the roller coaster! LOL I go through phases where I forget that I'm not in control and try to start figuring out how I'm going to get everything in place and work everything out and then start to freak out because it's all so overwhelming...and then I remember that God is control and He has arranged all of this already. It's just so easy to get caught up!

Erica

bri said...

SUCH an amazing testimony!!! WHOA to know the extent of God's sovereignty is far beyond what we could fathom! Such an amazing way for God to show up and show you what HE has in store for you!

Blessings... praying for your family and the many blessings to continue! I cannot wait to hear how it is all going and what you are having!!! YAY!